How does it work?
- You will need access to a smartphone, tablet or laptop with a camera. Headphones can be useful but not necessary
- You will be sent a link via email; simply click on the link when it is your appointment. There is no need to download an app or software, however Google chrome works best 😉
- Consider where you will take the call; you will be asked to move around and be “hands free”. The device may need to be placed on the floor or at body/ shoulder height. We will advice during the call what you need to do.
- The Physiotherapy will ask about your symptoms and other questions
- From this, you’ll be asked to complete certain movements and “tests”
- Which will clarify the diagnosis and whether Physiotherapy will help
- A treatment programme is then created for you taking into consideration your aims and using whatever you have available
- Exercises, with clear videos and descriptions, can be accessed via an app
What if online isn’t for me?
If Physiotherapy isn’t appropriate, we will advice on what to do next. This may be seeing your GP or specialist consultant, or providing face-to-face Physiotherapy. We work with a trusted network of medical partners including Orthopeadic and Sports Medicine consultants.